JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition GOG

Post by JohnnyMic »

HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition

Genre: Action, Shooter, Tactical
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: audio&text: English textonly: Chinese Simplified, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish
Features: Achievements, Cloud saves, Controller support, Overlay, Single-player
Released: March 11, 2016
Size: 30.6 GB
Company: IO Interactive A/S, Feral Interactive / IO Interactive A/S, Feral Interactive
Installer version: base-s1-del02_gog-codecl1686781-assetcl-id5153278-dkcbld120-m-desktop_(64bit)_(49904)
Included goodies: N/A
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/hitman_game_of ... ar_edition

About:
Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline.
Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin.
Travel around the globe to exotic locations and eliminate your targets with everything from a katana
or a sniper rifle to an exploding golf ball or some expired spaghetti sauce.
The HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition includes:
  • All missions & locations from the award-winning first season of HITMAN
  • "Patient Zero" Bonus campaign
  • 3 new Themed Escalation Contracts
  • 3 new Outfits
  • 3 new Weapons

Tags:
Bonaqua
Moto-Terminator

Post by Bonaqua »

Just before you get too exited: HITMAN (GoG version) still requires online saves even for single player - see ratings on GoG shop and discussion on GoG forum.

So, thanks Johnny for the upload but in this case even cracked Steam versions seem to be better than the GoG one. :(
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

Oh boy....here we go....
No more Mac updates. No one is hitting the links. Not wasting my time anymore. I'll post new stuff but beyond that you're on your own. Good Luck! :good:

Torrminatorr IRC: irc.zeronode.net/torrminatorr -or- KiwiIRC
starforce
Hydrobot

Post by starforce »

Thanks a lot, JohnnyMic and Torrminatorr :drinks:

"setup_hitman_base-s1-del02_gog-codecl1686781-assetcl-id5153278-dkcbld120-m-desktop_(64bit)_(49904)" is the ugliest name for a GOG file :shock:
ThePronk
Moto-Terminator

Post by ThePronk »

starforce wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 23:15 "setup_hitman_base-s1-del02_gog-codecl1686781-assetcl-id5153278-dkcbld120-m-desktop_(64bit)_(49904)" is the ugliest name for a GOG file
:ahaha: From my observations, I think IO Interactive is a company that just doesn't give a shit; they only removed the bare-minimum "Online DRM" component and left the other 90% that requires online service in. Probably patched that out in 15 minutes and lazily handed it in with whatever name was spat out of their compilation pipeline by default. :facepalm:
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

I'll stick with the FitGirl version. I really like that guys repacks.
No more Mac updates. No one is hitting the links. Not wasting my time anymore. I'll post new stuff but beyond that you're on your own. Good Luck! :good:

Doderunderhill
Moto-Terminator

Post by Doderunderhill »

A guy nicked GogColonel wrote (on GOG):" It is indeed possible to play offline with no DRM at all and with everything unlocked.
You just need to :
- Download and install the GOTY patch (6 Mo)
- Start the game offline OR refuse the IO user agreement. It will warn you that you will be offline and that's it !
Enjoy it with no DRM and everything unlocked ;)".

What's with that?
Bonaqua
Moto-Terminator

Post by Bonaqua »

From the GoG forum:
Ecumen1cal: You mean the 6mb one? Does it unlock everything at once or does it unlock things after you have cleared certain missions? Can you unlock all the starting locations and gear?
Danielx64: Yes that patch. I'm in the process of downloading it and trying it out. If it doesn't work then it a refund for me
Yeah I lied I thought it would have worked but no it doesnt. none of the unlocks work you have zero options for starting locations or outfits other than the dlc ones. Same thing with the weapons you get the dlc ones but you cant unlock the others through challenges and you also cant unlock the hardest difficulty due to mastery being walled off for online only. So yeah this sucks i'll hold out for a bit and hope that they update it but if not I'll be refunding.
Deleted User 47860

Post by Deleted User 47860 »

PC Gamer wrote: With an overall rating of 1.4 stars out of 5, it's the lowest-rated Hitman on GOG by a fair margin, with even Hitman: Absolution scoring a flat 4 stars out of 5. Most of the user reviews are critical of the newer Hitman for the same reason: "This game is not DRM free in any meaningful sense", as Sheershaw puts it in a one-star review.

Hitman requires an internet connection not only for online features, like user-created contracts, leaderboards, and its time-limited Elusive Targets, but also to level up your Mastery progression. Without that you can't unlock new gear, additional loadout slots, different starting locations, or different pickup points when you replay missions.

GOG users are claiming this is a betrayal both of the platform's anti-DRM stance, and the store's description of Hitman. "There is a text on the sidebar 'DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play.', but I could not consider it is true for more than a fraction of the game's content" writes emme. According to Neurus_Ex, "This is completely shameful, on both the side of the publisher, for not working an actual DRM-Free version and on the side of GoG, for selling this as a 'DRM-Free' version, when its clearly not the case."
https://www.pcgamer.com/gog-users-arent ... uirements/
Deleted User 47860

Post by Deleted User 47860 »

GOG Team wrote:Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/relea ... 3/post1936
wonderkander1
Moto-Terminator

Post by wonderkander1 »

Well done, honestly. I don't know if they did something similar with another game or not but this was unacceptable. I was looking to play this (I tried the first HITMAN game back then and i was like "Why doesn't this restaurant door open?.." . Now i wanna know how XD...)

Hopefully IO does something about this , but that'd have to affect STEAM and wherever else too..
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

Annnnnnnnnnnd.......removed from GOG. :mosking:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/remo ... om_catalog