Post by casper »

Diablo + Hellfire

Genre: Role-playing - Action - Fantasy
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English
Features: Single Player - Multiplayer - Overlay
Released: December 31, 1996
Size: 810 MB
Company: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. / Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Installer version: v1.09 Hellfire v2 (30038)
Included goodies: Wallpaper + Manual (EN) + Manual (DE) + Manual (FR) + Manual (IT)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/diablo

About:
Now with Hellfire!

Originally developed by Synergistic Software and released in 1997, Hellfire was not an official Blizzard product and did not carry Blizzard’s endorsement or label. Despite that, in response to Diablo players who have expressed a desire to experience the content, Blizzard has given the OK for it to be included as a free add-on with Diablo purchases on GOG.COM.

Hellfire offers a non-canonical single-player storyline where players must defeat a powerful demon named Na-Krul who is threatening Tristram. The expansion also adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Hellfire will be accessible while launching the original Diablo.

Traveler, stay awhile and listen...

Darkness stirs beneath Tristram. An ancient evil sweeps across the land, plunging it into civil war and
terrorizing the populace. A mad king, his missing son, and a mysterious archbishop are all pieces of the
puzzle you need to hack through. You have journeyed to the source of this evil. The town of Tristram -
now inhabited only by a handful of survivors, broken and twisted by the madness that has befallen
them. A cathedral stands there, built over the ruins of an ancient monastery. Eerie lights and ungodly
sounds are heard echoing through its abandoned halls, and that is where you shall venture.

Embark, if you dare, on a quest to destroy The Prime Evil…
  • Experience the legendary action/RPG that influenced an entire genre.
  • Storm Diablo's halls as either a Warrior, a Sorcerer or a Rogue - each with unique skills and
    abilities.
  • Unite to destroy Diablo - up to 4 players can band together via Internet, or play head-to-head via
    direct IP.
  • Unprecedented replayability - over 200 different monsters inhabit Diablo's ever-changing
    labyrinth. Equip epic items to conquer fearsome bosses and their minions.
  • A spine-chilling story - experience the horror of a world held in the grasp of The Lord of Terror.
Ahhh, fresh meat!

Travelers looking for the authentic Diablo experience can play the game as it was in 1996, with
period-appropriate 20 FPS SVGA graphics, and the ability to matchmake through the classic version
of Blizzard’s Battle.net® online-gaming service.
For those wanting something a bit more modern, Blizzard and GOG.COM have collaborated on an
updated version of the game tuned for today’s gaming PCs, which includes out-of-the-box Windows
10 compatibility, a host of bug fixes and high-resolution support via aspect ratio-correct upscaling.
  • The most voted game on the GOG.com wishlist, finally trapped in a DRM-free soulstone!
  • Return to the beginning of this dark saga, now in digital format for the first time ever.
  • Better value than Wirt's wares, guaranteed.
► System requirements
Minimum system requirements:
System: Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
DirectX: DirectX 9
Storage: 1 GB available hard disk space
► Changelog
Internal Hotfix v5 & 6 (28 March 2019)
• added a separate upscaling option without forced aspect ratio
• removed Administrator flags from Launcher

Internal Hotfix v4 (12 March 2019)
• added a potential fix for mouse issues (for real this time)

Internal Hotfix v3 (11 March 2019)
• added a potential fix for mouse issues
• added a workaround for DEP issues on some machines

Internal Hotfix v2 (07 March 2019)
• removed misleading info about TCP / IP from launcher;
• added workaround for DX version asking for CD on some Win10 machines

Tags:
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

Diablo did have those three levels.
Hatake
Hydrobot

Diablo GOG

Post by Hatake »

iamnotdeadyet wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 12:43 Diablo did have those three levels.
i do agree, it did had all 3.
Topken
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by Topken »

If I remember right The three difficulties were MULTIPLAYER only and Hellfire allows them to played in Single player.
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

Topken wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:34 If I remember right The three difficulties were MULTIPLAYER only and Hellfire allows them to played in Single player.
You can also play on different levels in Diablo I in single player mode.
Topken
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by Topken »

iamnotdeadyet wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:49 You can also play on different levels in Diablo I in single player mode.
NOT in vanilla Diablo 1 without mods or Hellfire you can't
ZaxaPac
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by ZaxaPac »

iamnotdeadyet wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:49 You can also play on different levels in Diablo I in single player mode.
Perhaps you're thinking of Diablo II, where after you beat a difficulty level you can play in the next tier? Because like Topken said, without mods or Hellfire you can only play the different difficulties in Multiplayer in the first Diablo.
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

No, I'm not thinking about D II and I'm not mistaken. You CAN play on those three levels in single-player mode. No mods or Hellfire required.
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

hellwalker31 wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 22:51 no you can not in single player. even you can playing them in hellfire is much more better with more content in it. Finished diablo just a few days before so there was no option for other difficulties. so u can not in diablo single player.
You won't find an option in the menu to play on those levels, but you can, believe me.
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

hellwalker31 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 00:04 without findint those difficulties playing them? sounds ridicilous
There must be some other way, then. ;-)
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

hellwalker31 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 01:06 Yeap, it is called hellfire, or multiplayer as the guys here say it. Didnt try multi mode.
iamnotdeadyet wrote: ↑41 minutes ago
There must be some other way, then. ;-)
that means u dont know about it and on the other hand i say finished the game and there is no diffucilty option in diablo 1. U need hellfire for that. Well I described how Iwas able to do it before so why dont u give it a try?

Hmm btw, in my description before, i mentioned an unofficial 1.02 patch before. Checked it and it enables multiplayer mode where normally hellfire doesnt support it.

Enjoy
Look mate, if you a) don't want to learn and/or b) can't comprehend written English that's your problem. As I said before, there is a way to play on all levels in single-mode player without any expansions, unofficial patches, etc. It's in the game. I DO know about it.
Topken
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by Topken »

You are talking about using MODS in this case so yeah I covered that already.
Homer_S
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by Homer_S »

Topken wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 16:34 If I remember right The three difficulties were MULTIPLAYER only and Hellfire allows them to played in Single player.
This might be right... I think I always played multiplayer even solo.

Homer
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

This is the last time I shall write about the matter.
hellwalker31 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 14:58 look mate a) i know that method. It is about changing difficulty through "multiplayer mode" ( to put it in your skull I m opening my Caps Lock: "MULTI") and it is useless and waste of tiime because u need to make ur multiplayer character to at least level 20 for nightmare and more for hell. Therefore there is no such difficulty choice in single player. :stop: b) i can comprehend english enough even i despise the language like hell and it seems i comprehend it more than you. "Plus" no need to act shitty and aggresive and insult others I haven't done this. I have been patient and respectful trying to tell them they are lack at something which they dont f***ing care. We are all players here who cares only gaming and if we can we share what we know or what we have. So no need to act a spoiled snotty brat from some 6th grade because your theories are rotten like a child play and trying to make others agree by crying. ??? What are you talking about. I've written sensible and respectful posts. You are the one who is acting like a tyke. Further I decided discussing more with you who is quite ignorant will waste my time. Instead of picking fights, enjoy the game and share what what you know, which is what I did??. No one cares your "i know it, there exists". Why dont you do some reserach, try to tell how it is to begin with instead of forcing your thoughts and insulting others. That is what i did and installed&uninstalled game many times and spent my hours on it how can I get satisfacion over this game. And what you did: bla bla bla. Thanks for the help, maybe?
ZaxaPac
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by ZaxaPac »

Actually, you don't need the unofficial patch to enable that stuff, it can be done with the normal install of the game. You just need to make a command.txt file in your Hellfire folder (which they have included in the patch) with the different variables listed to reinstate them in the game. Should look something like:
► Show Spoiler
The multiplayer will only work if you have a hacked version of hellfrui.dll file. If you want to see a little more info on it, you can check here https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Command.txt_exploit.
ZaxaPac
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by ZaxaPac »

hellwalker31 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 00:29 And for cowquest and other quests command is not enough. u need also their respesctive dat files for it.
Wait, did I miss something? I know it's been a damn long time since I last played this, but I don't remember needing to get anything extra to play the removed quests. Only requirement I remember was that you had to make sure to have the command active before starting a new game or else it might not work right (i.e. the suits wouldn't be in the game to pick up, but you could still talk to the quest giver). After doing a little research, I now see that one of the unofficial mods does away with using the command.txt file and just had all but the Cow Quest constantly turned on, which is why they then required you to use a .dat file if you wanted to activate the Cow Quest: "Command.txt: This file is now ignored; all features except the Cow Quest are enabled by default" So I wasn't going crazy, that makes me feel better. Thus, if you aren't using a modded version of Hellfire, all you need is that command.txt file with the features listed like I mentioned before.

And yeah, I actually have four different ways to play Diablo all installed at the same time right now: the two installed from GOG - regular and dx, Belzebub in same folder as regular, and Hellfire in its own folder within the regular folder. Now, will I ever eventually get to playing any of them any time soon... doubtful, but nice to know they can all co-exist together. :D
foe
Mini-Hunter

Diablo GOG

Post by foe »

hellwalker31 wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 20:49 we may even see warcraft 3 and starcraft who knows? lets move all blizzard games into gog too
No, we won't. There are more active SC players than SC2 players. SC Remastered just got it's own extra set of servers for PTR.
iamnotdeadyet
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by iamnotdeadyet »

foe wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 20:51 hellwalker31 wrote: ↑07 Mar 2019, 19:49
we may even see warcraft 3 and starcraft who knows? lets move all blizzard games into gog too
No, we won't. There are more active SC players than SC2 players. SC Remastered just got it's own extra set of servers for PTR.
There's nothing set in stone. I would never have expected Diablo or WC I & 2 on GOG. Only time will tell.
Sulfonate
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by Sulfonate »

Can we just talk and discuss about Diablo's game update?
Not discuss any mods or other's game in this post.
xilana
Moto-Terminator

Diablo GOG

Post by xilana »