8-Bit Hordes GOG - A not working solution

sonrisus99HETO
Mini-Hunter

Post by sonrisus99HETO »

For your information. After update the version to 0.93.827848 (69139) i found it the game not works. No windows errors. The execution logs were not understandable. I found some solutions in the steam forum to try, and the one that worked for me, ha been reinstalling the VisualC++ Redistributable version opening a windows console with administrator rights and the command:

Code: Select all

vcredist_x64.exe /msioptions "REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=e"
Another one was executing the game with administrator rights, but i haven't test it. My system is Windows 10 64 bits.I hope it can help to anymore.

You can download from Microsoft, the VisualC++ Redistributable Version: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/w ... w=msvc-170

In another way, the version in the forum is 0.93.746274 (41759): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=958
The last update is: 0.93.827848 (69139) for the three games: 8-bit hordes, 8-bit invaders and 8-bit armies. Not 1.0 version before the upcoming next 8-bit armies 2 (i don't read any about the other two games).
Nighted
Спонсор
Спонсор

Post by Nighted »

sonrisus99HETO wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 00:50 You can download from Microsoft, the VisualC++ Redistributable Version:
This is better, keeps all VC++ packages up to date and no superfluous installer: Visual C++ All-In-One Runtimes @ TechPowerUp :victory:
No more Mac updates. No one is hitting the links. Not wasting my time anymore. I'll post new stuff but beyond that you're on your own. Good Luck! :good:

Torrminatorr IRC: irc.zeronode.net/torrminatorr -or- KiwiIRC
sonrisus99HETO
Mini-Hunter

Post by sonrisus99HETO »

All files signed by Microsoft and a .bat installer to don''t forget anything. Thanks Nighted. This remembers the K-Lite Codec Pack we use before VLC appears in our lives. :good:
MeAnonymoX
Mini-Hunter

Post by MeAnonymoX »

Nighted wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 02:42 This is better, keeps all VC++ packages up to date and no superfluous installer: Visual C++ All-In-One Runtimes @ TechPowerUp
thank you, this is super useful. Beside this visual C++ package, do we need any other packages to avoid problems related to these libraries?
 i Message from: Nighted
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've never had any problems.