Easy way to run Linux Games on PC

ajkcmkla
Mini-Hunter

Post by ajkcmkla »

Only following this tutorial if you were able to run the game smoothly on Windows (your computer meets all the requirements of the games), but struggled to run the game on Linux/Wine. If you never use Windows, make sure the computer meets the game requirements.

This assumes fresh installation of your Linux, also change the terminal commands to your distro of choice.
The command I included was for my Arch-based distro, check the link if there are commands for your distro.

1. Follows https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/mas ... dencies.md and install Wine-staging with all dependencies

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -S --needed wine-staging giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng libldap lib32-libldap gnutls lib32-gnutls mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse libgpg-error lib32-libgpg-error alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libjpeg-turbo lib32-libjpeg-turbo sqlite lib32-sqlite libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxinerama lib32-libgcrypt libgcrypt lib32-libxinerama ncurses lib32-ncurses opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt libva lib32-libva gtk3 lib32-gtk3 gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader
2. Install Lutris. Open lutris and install latest lutris wine packages, (lutris-6.1-3 for example)

sudo pacman -S lutris
3. Install dxvk package, for Arch is on AUR so it needs yay or you can compile from source

yay -S dxvk-bin
4. For NVIDIA users, install proprietary NVIDIA packages. I tried my best to use non-propretary softwares but they just don't work for high-end games, claiming DX11 required even with dxvk installed. If you know a way let me know.

sudo pacman -S --needed nvidia-settings nvidia lib32-nvidia-utils nvidia-utils

5. Reboot your computer.

6. Make sure you use lutris's wine binaries and not the wine-staging that was installed separately in step 1.

7. Enjoy!
Cerule
Mini-Hunter

Post by Cerule »

Thanks for the help !