Sims 3 store content

Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

Since the demise of G4TW, there's not been any proper repositories for Sims 3 content. Was recommended this community as it's actually got a concise collection of Sims releases.

However, there's none of the store content. G4TW Had a huge merger of it all, but since it included all the store content released up until 2014, it caused major performance and stability issues. It was just too much that after a a couple dozen hours of play, the game's logic would constantly stop processing for a good 15 seconds at a time. Unfortunately, they didn't have the original .sims3pack content files, so there was no way to get only the store content you wanted. There were also a few problematic items as they were broken when merged, such as a couple pieces of clothing that rendered as an invisible torso.

Is there any repository kicking around that has the store's content, so we can pick and choose the content we want and avoid the game collapsing from too much having been added to it?

If it's of any interest, I have the original files hosted on G4TW before the site was bought when the domain went on sale. I can share those, but I'll need to be told which host to use, as my MEGA account is pretty much full.
ptsock1
T-X Terminatrix

Sims 3 store content

Post by ptsock1 »

Hello there, welcome to Torrminatorr!

G4TW is gone? Interesting, I heard that the original owners lost control of the site, guess this was inevitable. I don't know of any new repositories with that game content around, sorry. :(

Anyway, we would gladly accept here the content you grabbed from G4TW before it shut down. If you don't want to use MEGA, you can upload it to a free service such as Zippyshare or LetsUpload.
Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

Aye it went through quite a wee bit. The domain went up for sale, and was bought by a completely different entity, whilst appearing the same. The original G4TW owners still had the forum which had the bestgoo domain, where they explicitly stated to not use the site, but instead get the content from the forum. Now the forum is defunct.

Zippyshare banned IPs from the UK, so I can't upload there unfortunately. LetsUpload Looks pretty legit, but only allows 11GB. The whole collection of the base game + expansion packs is 32GB, and the store content is 8GB. So I'll need to use multiple filehosts. Currently ultra compressing everything in 7Zip, so we'll see what the final size is.
ptsock1
T-X Terminatrix

Sims 3 store content

Post by ptsock1 »

^MultiUp, MirrorAce, or MultiFileMirror should all work fine.
Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

Sweet. I will say that I misread the account differences for LetsUpload, but I blame bad site design. Maximum file size to be uploaded is 11GB, but storage is unlimited. Which they wrote in small text at the bottom, not in the list. The 60 days expiration hurts though.

I'll upload to those other filehosts as well.
Topken
Moto-Terminator

Sims 3 store content

Post by Topken »

Hmm https://www.games4theworld.club/ is still there and seems to be working fine so I am confused here
Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

So there's another G4TW forum? I'm suspect on whether or not it's legit, as the original was which now redirects, and has a super sketch nag prompt for you to download a browser extension.
Topken
Moto-Terminator

Sims 3 store content

Post by Topken »

the .club site lets me log in just fine and even post over there so yeah its the real deal
Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

Huh, they even have all the sims3pack files. That's a new one.

Can't hurt to have a mirror for their files on here. I'll do that when I've had a wee bit of sleep, but here are the links to the base game + expansions + update + crack:
ptsock1
T-X Terminatrix

Sims 3 store content

Post by ptsock1 »

^Cool stuff, thank you for the contribution!
jd2
Moto-Terminator

Sims 3 store content

Post by jd2 »

Kharak wrote: 29 Dec 2019, 07:28 Can't hurt to have a mirror for their files on here.
Ain't that the truth.

I'm not interested in this content, but I mirrored five of the archives using multifilemirror.com targeting the maximum of different file hosts just to test the speed.

I used remote upload so I didn't use any of my own bandwidth to do it.
The upload speed from letsupload.co to multifilemirror.com is not as fast as Google Drive links, but it seems comparable to racaty and Zippyshare links (Zippyshare may be faster). I got the links to share after the files were only ~20% processed, so I didn't have to wait until the entire processed finished to make the post the download links into the forum.

The only caveat is you can't use the letsupload.co links as-is. You have to paste the "real" download links from letsupload.co such as this one which you get by starting the download to your own computer, then cancelling it, and copying the link from your web browser's download list.

Anyway to make a long story even longer, here are the links to the five files for download: Someone should mirror the rest of the files (17).
Kharak
Mini-Hunter

Sims 3 store content

Post by Kharak »

Most of the links are down, and LetsUpload's are all down. I'll reupload once I get the chance, might have to do it overnight.
Longx9
Спонсор
Спонсор

Sims 3 store content

Post by Longx9 »

Donate to keep our forum alive viewforum.php?f=17 :declare:
smiglo5
Moto-Terminator

Sims 3 store content

Post by smiglo5 »

This site does not work for me, any way to download Hidden Springs , Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides? For origin version