Scene releases discussion

Collection of Scene Released Games
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Scene releases discussion

Post by JohnnyMic »

SVDRed wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 00:40 That was quick. Thanks!
Yes thats "GrimReaper" ;)
Fast AF my Friend :b
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scene releases discussion

Post by JohnnyMic »

Like i said: "FAST AF! GR N°1 in Oldschool Release :drinks:
4four5ive
Hydrobot

Post by 4four5ive »

GrimReaper wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 16:15 I'm looking for GP500-DVNiSO:
https://www.srrdb.com/release/details/GP500-DVNiSO

Game without a crack is not hard to find, I got the one from old-games.ru and a Redump one.
But there is no trace of a scene release 20 years later. Anything is fine, original RAR's, a repacked one, only bin and cue, only a crack, burned release on a CD (of course upload it as an image).
I had it on a CD bought in 1999, I still remember it had a crack in main folder as it says in the NFO, and not in a Crack folder as other games. But sadly I threw it away in 2012. I miss this one the most as I could find every other game so far.
How do you use that site to download stuff? They only have .srr files, .sfv files, .nfo files (and other files as well) but not .rar files. Do you know how to get .rar files from that site using programs such as ReScene/ReSceneGUI and Srr/SrrGUI from ReScene?

Link for thread page: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4384&start=140
Link to site: https://www.srrdb.com
Link to site where you can get ReScene/ReSceneGUI and Srr/SrrGUI: http://rescene.wikidot.com/

Thanks in advance.
oldman777
Релизер
Релизер

Post by oldman777 »

4four5ive wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:25 How do you use that site to download stuff? They only have .srr files, .sfv files, .nfo files (and other files as well) but not .rar files. Do you know how to get .rar files from that site using programs such as ReScene/ReSceneGUI and Srr/SrrGUI from ReScene?

Link for thread page: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4384&start=140
Link to site: https://www.srrdb.com
Link to site where you can get ReScene/ReSceneGUI and Srr/SrrGUI: http://rescene.wikidot.com/

Thanks in advance.
https://www.srrdb.com it’s just a database, and it’s not possible to download complete releases there.
This is necessary so that downloading from other sources to determine whether the original release or not.
SVDRed
Moto-Terminator

Post by SVDRed »

Thanks. I'd have to get a hold of them before since I don't have them.

Another "mysterious ISO" without .nfo. Can I search using the CRC32 on SRRDB?

Filename: Castle Strike.iso
CRC-32: b2eca9d5
Size: 544.671.744 bytes
"You think it matters how many of you there are?"
Deleted User 6280

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

I don't think you can. Only thing I know is "date:" besides those on the left, but that's uploaded date, so not much use of it.
What I do is search by name, then check in this case Castle_Strike-iMMERSiON and Castle_Strike_AlcoholClone-CLOCK. They both don't match.
samuel44
Moto-Terminator

Post by samuel44 »

Has anyone ever of this russian site - kupicd.net ? It seems like they've been around for many (> 15) years, selling pirated games / movies on cds. They have a few VERY rare pc game releases (some are not even listed on srrdb.com or predb.me).

For example, The_Simpsons_Cartoon_Studio-CVSiSO

But I'm not sure if they are still selling such releases. Or maybe it's all just a scam just to gather your credit card info ? :P Well, if someone is willing to take a risk (and also understands russian) with this pirated site, check out their PC Games if interested in recovering any rare releases.

Another example: AKIMBO_KUNG_FU_HERO_FINAL-EPH (click on the NFO link)

Currently, srrdb.com only has the AKIMBO.KUNG.FU.HERO-DEViANCE rls, which is apparently a "pre-final" version according to EPH.
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JohnnyMic »

samuel44 wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 13:03 Has anyone ever of this russian site - kupicd.net ? It seems like they've been around for many (> 15) years, selling pirated games / movies on cds. They have a few VERY rare pc game releases (some are not even listed on srrdb.com or predb.me).
Why should i buy illegal releases if i can buy the original Game :nono:
Original Games that are really rare are only NES Games (and if i cant find an PC original than i would fuck of it cause a buyed pirated realease is like NOTHING)
samuel44
Moto-Terminator

Post by samuel44 »

JohnnyMic wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 14:24 Why should i buy illegal releases if i can buy the original Game
Well, I'm not saying anyone should buy anything. It's just in case if there are any curious, hardcore collectors who want to get a certain scene rls no matter what. :) Besides, I'm not sure if it would still be in its original RARs, or if they simply burned the disc image onto a cd (which means, it would then have to be RePacked / ReScened).

[edit] another one: High_Heat_Baseball_2002-FLT (doesn't exist on srrdb.com or predb.me or xrel.to)
casper
Moto-Terminator

Post by casper »

I have a lot of original games in their original boxes but sadly CD/DVD are not immortal so scene rlz are a must for preservation/collect.
JohnnyMic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by JohnnyMic »

i think only its not right to sell cracked games.. thats not the sin of the scene
casper
Moto-Terminator

Post by casper »

But yes, you're right and it's contrary to all values of the scene.
sampson
Moto-Terminator

Post by sampson »

GrimReaper wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 07:58 There is no Portal of Praevus.
Hexen_II_Portal_Of_Praevus_Mission_CD-PARADiGM 1998-04-01
Deleted User 6280

Can't find this on public PreDBs, can you also find late 1997 releases? There should be GTA1 and Quake II. Maybe also AOE, TR2, Worms 2 and Myth.
sampson
Moto-Terminator

Post by sampson »

GrimReaper wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 22:27 There should be GTA1 and Quake II. Maybe also AOE, TR2, Worms 2 and Myth.
Grand_Theft_Auto-PARADiGM 1997-11-07
Quake_2_REAL_FINAL-CLS 1997-12-07
Age.of.Empires-RAZOR 1997-09-26
TOMB_RAIDER_2-PARADiGM 1997-11-18
Worms_2-PDM 1997-10-27
Deleted User 6280

@sampson:
Should have said ISO and not rips, but thanks anyway. I thought that Hexen Portal is ISO, but now I remembered it should be PDMiSO. So I guess even names are lost forever, if these ISOs even existed.
These 5 rips are still available, strange that Hexen Portal is not anymore. And there is no 0DAY database, that's why I didn't find it anywhere.

@SVDRed:
Do search for what is already here:
Alpha.Protocol.MULTi8-PROPHET
samuel44
Moto-Terminator

Post by samuel44 »

GrimReaper wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 22:27 Can't find this on public PreDBs, can you also find late 1997 releases? There should be GTA1 and Quake II. Maybe also AOE, TR2, Worms 2 and Myth.
The Quake II scene rls was done by RazorISO NFO available here

My initial thought was the release title was probably something like "Quake.2-RazorISO" or "Quake.II-RazorISO"

But then I see there exists a rls from 1997-Dec-05 called QuakeII-RiSO

If you open and have a look at that "dpg.nfo", you will see it has nothing to do with the release. It's simply the name of a topsite called 'Digital Playground' that used to store warez releases. In other words, there is no scene group called RiSO or DPG. (there was a DPG group that released some french movie several years later, but that's different)

So my theory is this QuakeII-RiSO was probably the RazorISO release.

Oh, there were a few other 1997 ISO rls. For example, the nfo for Lords of Magic by CiFE can be seen here or here
Deleted User 6280

I am very grateful for this NFO, I was searching for this for almost a year when someone on RS said this existed, but he just said it was from RazorISO. For name we can only guess, not that important though.
EDIT: Oh, just noticed you're not sampson who's replying me.

And I already know about that QuakeII-RiSO release and everything you wrote, actually I already found it a year ago as it's on srrDB. It's just some P2P release with rips of Quake II + addons on the ISO, mimicking the name RazorISO.
So my theory is this QuakeII-RiSO was probably the RazorISO release.
That is not true, NFO you posted proves RazorISO really made an ISO of Quake II. It has nothing to do with RiSO release, that is from 2003. There were a lot of later releases in 2003-2004, and only rips still available for Quake II, it makes sense what they did. But others usually just made their own ISO from original disc.
And you probably saw that 1997-Dec-05 on PreDB, you can't trust this. For this one I can assure you it's 2003.

And as I said before, yes, they started with ISOs before 1998, certainly at least in November 1997, these 2 NFOs prove this.
Quake II NFO also proves this was RazorISO's first release.

There was a talk on RS about when first 1997 releases came out:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180320013 ... c=5994.780
You're wrong about the ISO though. That began in Aug. 1997.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180321105 ... c=5994.795
Only two I can absolutely say are a couple that came out in Dec 97. But there were absolutely a whole lot more beside these 2.
Red_Baron.II-RiSCiSO around Dec 14 '97
Close.Combat.2-ISOCD around Dec 25 '97
There were some very 1337 guys on RS, 57 suggests he was born in 1957, so really old school guys.
Back then I just had a pirated copy of Quake II, I don't even know if he burned scene games in 1997-1998, but I'm sure they were scene since 1999 because making just a copy of a disc was not enough because of disc protections.
samuel44
Moto-Terminator

Post by samuel44 »

GrimReaper wrote: 11 Aug 2019, 19:13 It's just some P2P release with rips of Quake II + addons on the ISO, mimicking the name RazorISO.
Ah, my bad then. I stand corrected. I should've downloaded that first and checked what's inside before I jump to conclusions. :facepalm:

Was reading too many things trying to piece together the puzzle like Sherlock Holmes. lol
4four5ive
Hydrobot

Post by 4four5ive »

GrimReaper wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 15:11 Half-Life_1_Source_Addon-VENGEANCE - DONE
Do you have a link for it? Thanks.