Cannot play Half-Life 1 Anthology (by I_KnoW) on Win10

assenort
Moto-Terminator

Post by assenort »

Hi guys,

Years back while on WinXP I used to play Half-Life, Opposing Force and Blue Shift from the Anthology release using Steam emulators like Steam-Buster Revolution and Universal Content Launcher. Regretfully, these emulators do not work under the latest iteration of Windows 10.

If someone knows how to make the Anthology release work under Win10, please share tips and suggestions - will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Greets!
Wolverines
Mini-Hunter

Post by Wolverines »

You might try CreamAPI or Goldberg emu. There's probably a few others available. Try cs.rin.ru for those.

You will also need cracks.
assenort
Moto-Terminator

Post by assenort »

Thank you, sir.
Wolverines
Mini-Hunter

Post by Wolverines »

You are most welcome. I'm grabbing that release now and will see if I can get it working. I'm using Win10 also.

If I get it working, I'll let you know what's needed. Could be as simple as borrowing a crack from another release. Also, you might want to block the game in your firewall.

EDIT: I can't install this release. Steam won't unpack the gcf files. I tried extracting them but there's files missing, namely executables, so no way to determine what version the games are. I'd delete it and find another release.

EDIT2: the steam content sharing section at cs.rin.ru has every title in that release, so you'll get the latest steam files available, all unpacked, just add crack and any registry entries needed. Unfortunately, the link is dead, so you would have to request a reupload.