Dragon's Lair Trilogy GOG

vastyr
T-Meg

Post by vastyr »

Dragon's Lair Trilogy

Genre: Action - Adventure - Fantasy
Works on: Windows (7, 8, 10)
Languages: Audio and text: English. Text only: Deutsch, español, français, italiano
Features: Single-player - Controller Support
Released: June 19, 1983
Size: 4.1 GB
Company: Digital Leisure Inc. / Digital Leisure Inc.
Installer version: 1.09_(22122)
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/dragons_lair_trilogy

About: In Dragon's Lair, you play the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair
princess from the clutches of an evil dragon!

Space Ace will have you take control of Ace - Defender of justice, truth, and the planet Earth! Ace is
being attacked by the evil Commander Borf. Struggle with Dexter to regain his manhood. Destroy the
Infanto-Ray. Defeat the evil Borf! Be valiant space warrior, the fate of Earth is in your hands!

Dragon’s Lair II: Time Warp once again has you leading Dirk on a perilous quest! Spirited away to a
wrinkle in time by the evil wizard Mordroc, Princess Daphne will be forced to marry the wicked Mordroc
unless Dirk can save her. Once the casket of doom has opened, Mordroc will place the death ring upon
Daphne’s finger in marriage, and she will be lost forever in the Time Warp.
► System requirements
Minimum system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: 1.8 GHz dual core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB GeForce 8800, Radeon 3850, or Intel HD 2000 Graphics
DirectX®: 9.0
Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Car
Mouse, Keyboard

Recommended system requirements - Windows: 7 / 8 / 10
Processor: Intel Core i Series Processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB GeForce 220, Radeon 4550, Intel HD 3000 Graphics
DirectX®: 9.0
Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Mouse, Keyboard
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King

Tags:
Threep
Moto-Terminator

Post by Threep »

Classic arcade gaming on GOG.
Only Dragon’s Lair, Space Ace and Dragon’s Lair 2: Time Warp are all part of this classic arcade trilogy.

1983 Dragon's Lair is a laserdisc video game published by Cinematronics.
Dragon’s Lair is a fully animated classic arcade game from legendary animator Don Bluth.

Various home computer adaptations of Dragon's Lair were released during the 1980s and 1990s
but because of (at the time) high memory consumption due to the detailed animation of the games,
not all the scenes from the original game were included.

1991 Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp is the first official sequel other than Escape from Singe's Castle.
Released by Leland Corporation.
Later, Readysoft made the Amiga, Atari ST, and PC versions.
The game is sometimes referred to as Dragon's Lair II
but is not to be confused with the official arcade sequel Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp.

1984 Space Ace is a laserdisc video game produced by Bluth Group,
Cinematronics and Advanced Microcomputer Systems (later renamed RDI Video Systems).
It was unveiled in October 1983, just four months after the Dragon's Lair game, then released in Spring 1984,
and like its predecessor featured film-quality animation played back from a laserdisc.

Numerous versions of Space Ace were created for home computers and game systems,
most of which attempted to mimic the arcade version's lushly animated graphics, with varying degrees of success.
A sequel, Space Ace II: Borf's Revenge was created for the PC mixing new animation with scenes
from the original game that were left out of the PC version due to the high amount of memory they comprised.

1993 Dragon's Lair III: The Curse of Mordread was made for Amiga, Atari ST, and PC,
mixing original footage with scenes from Time Warp that were not included
in the original PC release due to memory constraints.
The game also included a newly produced "Blackbeard the Pirate"
stage that was originally intended to be in the arcade game but was never completed.

In 2005, Digital Leisure created a new Dragon's Lair III which utilized 3D
footage from Dragon's Lair 3D but controlled via a system like the original arcade games.
Deleted User 6280

Post by Deleted User 6280 »

Is anyone here an expert for this game?
In DL2 I'm having hard time picking up the key at the end of first level. Right arrow just doesn't seem to work. I tried it so many times I'm now quite sure it's a bug and this game cannot be finished.
Also controls stop to register quite often and you lose 2-3 lives to get them working again.
And Alt+Tab goes to main menu instead of desktop, you also lose any progress.
Deleted User 6280

Solved it, this works:
http://www.daphne-emu.com/site3/index_hi.php
https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/phpBB2/ ... f=5&t=2387

I got the DVD from scene release Dragons.Lair.2.DVD.GAME-UNITED. I couldn't get it to work with DVD player programs, arrows work in menu but not in game. Maybe I will try it on a real DVD player.

Forget this GOG release, it's bugged too much.
MWH
Moto-Terminator

Post by MWH »

GrimReaper wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 23:43 Forget this GOG release, it's bugged too much.
I was planning to play the GOG version, thanks for the feedback.
you only live twice. work in the first for the last.
Deleted User 6280

I beat the game finally, but not with Daphne, Steam version which is a lot better than GOG.

+ Alt+Tab works now
- a few times some kind of lag happens, yellow arrows don't show up right away, but I didn't lose any lives because of this and lag stops quickly, it's not like GOG version where it stops registering keys and you lose several lives
DjDiabolik
Moto-Terminator

Post by DjDiabolik »

mmmmmmmmm... it's very interesting. It's this version contain the decrypter, and possibly original HD m2v and ogg can be used also whit Daphne ??

Apparently the current daphne and his built in daphne loader download, himself, some file like lair.m2v.bf and lair.ogg.bf and apparently this files it's garbage or it's useless......

So.. if this version also contain a good quality of m2v and ogg files i want to suggest to use the newest hypseus instead of daphne......

*EDIT*
Answered myself after download and installation (problably i uninstall and deleted immediatelly after that).
Apparently all video files (and problably also audio files) it's on:
X:\Dragon's Lair\DragonsLair_Data\StreamingAssets\AssetBundles (where X it's drive of installation).

So Daphne for Dragon's Lair it's need file lair.m2v and lair.ogg and problably you can't use the same file included in this collection.

At this point the question back to origin.... the files come and auto-download by DalpheLoaders it's useless ?!? It's convertible in some ways ?