Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
Languages: Audio and text: Deutsch, English, français, русский
Features: single-player
Released: September 17, 2002
Size: 1.7 GB
Company: Larian Studios / Larian Studios
Installer versions: 2.0.0.21 EN,DE,RU / 2.1.0.32 FR
Rating: PEGI Rating: 7+ (with Violence)
Included goodies: manual (37 pages) + 2 HD wallpapers + 'The Prophecy' prequel story (31 pages) + in-game soundtrack +
4 avatars + 34 artworks + The Lady, The Mage, and The Knight tech demo + non-official manuals for DE, FR, RU versions
Store page: https://www.gog.com/game/divine_divinity

About: The land of Rivellon is about to collapse – dark, evil powers started a war with the people of the Seven Races.

But there is still hope – the ancient prophecy about the chosen one may come true with your help, dear player.

Divine Divinity is a role-playing game featuring a gameplay experience somewhere between Sacred and the Ultima series.
You can choose from 3 typical character archetypes; Fighter, Mage & Survivor (Rogue-like class). Each one has a unique
special skill. The rest of your character development its up to you imagination – you can even learn skills from other
classes and make a very unique character build.

The game is long, challenging and very addictive. You will encounter many different enemies and a very big variety of
quests and story missions. When you add great music and not-so-dated graphics you will get a full RPG experience!

● This newly re-mastered version offers support for higher resolutions.*
● A long, challenging and very addictive gameplay.
● Many different enemies and a very big variety of quests and story missions.
● Open character development that doesn’t confine your possibilities to just one class.

*Additional Note:
Install the game, and before you play, go to game's root directory and use the "configtool.exe".
This tool allows you to change the games resolution up to 1920x1080 (on my pc) for example.
[more information can be found in the updated widescreen fix text file in the download link]
► System requirements
Minimum
1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended)
256MB RAM (512 recommended)
3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
Mouse & Keyboard
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King

Tags:
vastyr
T-Meg

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by vastyr »

Updated main post, added mirror links for RU, DE, FR versions (thanks to Lebedev). ;)
I've included all goodies and non-official manuals for the RU, DE, FR versions.

Note: I have not added any of the Mac OS versions to the links in main post. (I rarely include mac versions, unless they are part of the goodies)

edit: Updated main post with Divine Divinity's "configtool.exe" information.
► bypass gdrive download quota
► The Ninja-King
Tom a Jerry
T-Meg

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by Tom a Jerry »

Divine Divinity v2.0.0.21 EN/DE/RU v2.1.0.32 FR + Goodies
OMITTED
Moto-Terminator

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by OMITTED »

Hey, I have a request and a suggestion. The latest version is actually in some ways inferior to one of the previous patches. I don't know which GoG installer version it was, but patch 1.40 fixed and rebalanced some skills, and then they accidentally reverted those changes. Now there are "no plans" for further patches to re-implement those fixes. Version of the game in this installer is 1.62A. It did fix some stability issues, so some people might want the latest.
Adding installer for 1.40 alongside 1.62A would be great. Some of the things unique to 1.40 are True Sight and Crossbow Expertise being functional, and Steel Scorpions summoned by the trap skill being nerfed, because they were gamebreaking. There might be some other stuff that got reverted. I don't have that version, so that's why this a request and a suggestion.
xpD1T10N
Спонсор
Спонсор

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by xpD1T10N »

OMITTED wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 19:38 Hey, I have a request and a suggestion. The latest version is actually in some ways inferior to one of the previous patches. I don't know which GoG installer version it was, but patch 1.40 fixed and rebalanced some skills, and then they accidentally reverted those changes. Now there are "no plans" for further patches to re-implement those fixes. Version of the game in this installer is 1.62A. It did fix some stability issues, so some people might want the latest.
Hi OMITTED, would you happen to know the filename of the 1.40 version (i.e. something like setup_divine_divinity_xxx.exe)?
Might make it easier to try and track down at least.
OMITTED
Moto-Terminator

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by OMITTED »

xpD1T10N wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 00:31 Hi OMITTED, would you happen to know the filename of the 1.40 version (i.e. something like setup_divine_divinity_xxx.exe)?
No, I don't know the filename, sorry. All I know is that all was fine between 1.34 and 1.4, and then they accidentally lost some changes and bugfixes while implementing some other fixes. I also know that there definitely was a GOG installer at some point for at least one of those older versions. There are DVD releases with v1.34, but a GOG installer for 1.4 would be ideal.
xpD1T10N
Спонсор
Спонсор

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by xpD1T10N »

OMITTED wrote: 16 May 2021, 15:19No, I don't know the filename, sorry.
So, I searched for potential old installers filenames and found:
setup_divine_divinity.exe md5 560aff548d3df0d619958b443017b111
setup_divine_divinity_1.0.2.13.exe md5 d9cfa77cb5f2da6be9c6c2a7a90da653

Both uploaded here:
I had troubles running the old versions (even when installed on the D: drive and running as administrator) so can't confirm what in-game version they are but maybe one of them is the one you're looking for :)

Edit: Even though I couldn't run the game the readme files for both setup_divine_divinity and setup_divine_divinity_1.0.2.13 do say the version is V1.4A so fingers crossed.
Frankly_Bodacious
Moto-Terminator

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by Frankly_Bodacious »

OMITTED wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 19:38 The latest version is actually in some ways inferior to one of the previous patches. I don't know which GoG installer version it was, but patch 1.40 fixed and rebalanced some skills, and then they accidentally reverted those changes. Now there are "no plans" for further patches to re-implement those fixes. Version of the game in this installer is 1.62A. It did fix some stability issues, so some people might want the latest.
Adding installer for 1.40 alongside 1.62A would be great. Some of the things unique to 1.40 are True Sight and Crossbow Expertise being functional, and Steel Scorpions summoned by the trap skill being nerfed, because they were gamebreaking. There might be some other stuff that got reverted. I don't have that version, so that's why this a request and a suggestion.
I looked up the information on this and found posts by a Larian employee on the GOG forums saying that the version with the weapon fixes you describe also introduced a game-breaking bug, which is why they had to release another update after it:
True Shot is broken in the current GOG version of the game (see here), as well as the updated original disk version (1.0034). It was fixed in the original download version (1.004), but there was a new bug (certain NPCs could spin in place and not be interacted with). The screwup with the source code happened before the 1.005 update that fixed that bug, and it was not re-fixed when the higher resolution support was redone (1.006).
Actually, that was the first download version, 1.004A. Unfortunately, that version introduced a critical new bug that blocked progress in some quests, including the main plot. When fixing that, some of the code was accidentally reverted to an earlier version, and the fixes and changes to the expertise skills were lost in 1.005A. When Larian updated the game for the anthology release, there were several problems with some of the backups, so they had to redo the widescreen and higher resolution support. They made a few compatibility updates and fixed the music bug in the previous download version, but did not have the time or resources to redo the other changes that were in the 1.004 version.
So, it sounds like playing the version with the weapon improvements is not a good idea, as you can't actually finish the game in that version.
Xander_Blade
Mini-Hunter

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by Xander_Blade »

Does anyone know which version of Divine Divinity is the most playable? According to the information on gogdb, the latest version of the game is 1.61A, while the version provided in the links is 1.62A (checked today). I don't want to hit a game-breaking bug in the middle of the game.
OMITTED
Moto-Terminator

Divine Divinity GOG

Post by OMITTED »

Frankly_Bodacious wrote: 24 May 2021, 20:22 I looked up the information on this and found posts by a Larian employee on the GOG forums saying that the version with the weapon fixes you describe also introduced a game-breaking bug
Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for looking into it.
xpD1T10N wrote: 16 May 2021, 20:07 So, I googled for potential old installers filenames and found:
Thanks. I'll try it out sometime, to see if I run into a game breaking bug. Nevermind, one of those installers is for 1.0061 and the other is for 1.005A.